August 2009 Family Tree Magazine Podcast Show Notes
Your host Lisa Louisa Cooke jump starts this month's podcast by talking with Allison Stacy, publisher and editorial director, about Family Tree Magazine's 10th anniversary, as well as a sneak peak of the magazine's sleek redesign. Managing editor Diane Haddad discusses what's new with Ancestry.com and Footnote. The September 2009 issue is hot off the presses and it contains this year's 101 Best Web Sites, and contributing editor David Fryxell gives us the low down. The Indian River County Library is in the spotlight with an interview from librarian Pam Cooper, and contributing editor Sharon Carmack talks tombstones in the best of Family Tree Magazine.
Listen to this episode
Back to episode list
In this episode:
- Editor’s Desk: Family Tree Magazine‘s 10th Anniversary
- News from the Blogosphere: Ancestry.com and Footnote
- Top Tips: 101 Best Web Sites 2009
- Library Spotlight: Indian River County Library
- Best of Family Tree Magazine: Crack the Tombstone Code
- Action Items
You Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
The Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
Lisa and Allison chat about Family Tree Magazine’s upcoming 10th anniversary. Allison gives a sneak preview of plans for new content and design in the magazine.
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad discusses what’s new at two major genealogy Web sites: Ancestry.com and Footnote.
Read the Genealogy Insider Blog
Contributing Editor David Fryxell talks about the much anticipated 101 Best Web Sites list for 2009.
You’ll find the full list online and in the September 2009 issue of Family Tree Magazine, available in our online store.
In this episode we explore the variety of US collections available at the Indian River County Library in Vero Beach, Fla., with librarian Pam Cooper.
Best of Family Tree Magazine
There’s more to tombstones than names and dates, and in the Best of Family Tree Magazine segment author Sharon DeBartolo Carmack helps us “crack the tombstone code.”
Find Sharon’s article in the June 2005 issue of Family Tree Magazine available in our online store.
• Visit The Genealogy Insider Blog for all the latest genealogy news on a daily basis.
• Get out your September 2009 issue of the magazine to review the 101 Best Web Sites for Tracing Your Roots list for 2009 in our online store.
• Identify five Web sites from the 101 Best Web Sites that may contain clues to your ancestry and visit them.
• Read Sharon Carmack’s article on cemetery research from the June 2005 issue
• Send us feedback by e-mail
• Visit the Family Tree Magazine Forum
• Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes (a free download) and view the how-to videos on the Podcast Primer page.
Have fun climbing your family tree!
Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems and Genealogy: Family History Made Easy podcasts in iTunes and visit her Web site for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.