Understand the Basics of Using DNA with Genealogy
DNA testing for genealogy may seem daunting, but once you understand the basics, it is a great tool. Understanding your ethnicity results from those tests can be just as rewarding!
Two questions I get asked a lot are “why my results keep changing” and “why does my [insert heritage] line not show up”?
Once you understand the basics of using DNA with genealogy, these questions are easy to answer. You will be able to use that knowledge with your matches and future genealogical research.
Webinar took place September 28, 2022
What You’ll Learn:
- Review of how you inherited your DNA from ancestors
- Learn to use ethnicity tools to further your genealogical research
- What does ethnicity mean with these tests
- Where did your ethnicity traits come from
- Why do the results differ between companies
- How can you use these results in genealogy research
About the instructor:
Shannon Combs-Bennett has a Bachelor of Science degree in biology and a Master’s of Science in Genealogical, Heraldic, and Paleographic Studies. She is a frequent contributor to Family Tree Magazine and Family Tree University, where she presents on a variety of topics ranging from genetic genealogy and DNA to research methods, source citations and analysis, plus so much more. She is a resident of Virginia and she participates in many genealogy-related organizations and activities.