You’ll love this if…
- You want to clearly identify the surnames and information in each of your genealogy binders
- You want to increase the chances of having your binder returned if it gets lost
- You want to quickly tell which research binder is which
The research binder is among a genealogist’s most important items. It holds years of family history exploration, including everything from photos to records of your ancestors. Over time, as you continue to collect facts and expand your family tree, one research binder becomes two, two become four, and so on. With so much material to sift through, it can often be difficult to find the specific information you’re looking for.Use this Genealogy Research Binder Template at the beginning of all your binders as an at-a-glance organizational tool. You’ll be able to simply flip open the cover to find out which ancestors each volume contains, and in the event that you leave your binder at an archive or library, your contact information will be right in front to ensure your hard-earned research returns to its rightful home.Snag this template and start organizing your research binders right away, so you can spend more time on the fun part of genealogy: chasing new discoveries.
- Binder owner’s name and contact information
- Surnames and families referenced in the binder
- Quick links to the top genealogy sites on the web
- Quick reference list of web search operators to make for faster and more effective genealogy searches
- Space for additional notes and reminders
Genealogy Research Binder Template can be used on both Windows and Mac. The template is a PDF file and is viewable with the free Adobe Reader software. Saving typed information within the form requires Adobe Reader X or a newer version.