Researching German ancestors? You’ll want to keep this at-a-glance genealogy reference close at hand. The German Genealogy Cheat Sheet is designed to quickly deliver the information you need to understand the records of your German ancestors.
In this cheat sheet, you’ll get:
- German geography guide with a map showing historical borders; names of historical regions and modern German states; German words for administrative divisions; and a guide to German addresses
- quick guides to key German record groups
- German alphabet chart showing characters in the modern, Fraktur, Sütterlin and Kurrent writing styles
- language chart showing common words and symbols found in German genealogical records, along with their translations in English
- translation guide to months, plus cardinal and ordinal numbers
- resource list of essential websites and books for German genealogy research