Building a Family Story, Step-by-Step
Join Sunny Jane Morton and follow along as she recreates one family’s story (including their dog) from the late 1800s to the mid-1900s using step-by-step story-building strategies. After the talk, you’ll know how to turn your genealogy research into a compelling family story.
Thursday, March 28, 2024 7PM ET
In this Webinar You’ll Learn:
- How to turn a single record discovery into a paragraph
- Story-building elements that make up the “plot” of a compelling story
- Techniques to generate interesting aspects of your story
- How to construct a story by following the same record type over time
- Specific record types that tell stories FOR you (making it even easier on yourself!)
- How to weave together multiple record discoveries into a coherent, compelling tale.
About the instructor:
Sunny Jane Morton is an award-winning writer who has advanced training in genealogy, history, and memoir-writing. She is a contributing editor for Family Tree Magazine and Your DNA Guide; author of Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy and How to Find Your Family History in U.S. Church Records; and a writing coach and course developer for Family Tree University.