Sign up for the Family Tree Newsletter Plus, you’ll receive our 10 Essential Genealogy Research Forms PDF as a special thank you!
Get Your Free Genealogy Forms
"*" indicates required fields
Family Tree has a new website bringing all our products and services—Family Tree Magazine, Family Tree University and Family Tree Shop—together into one convenient online destination.
Q: How has my new account been set up?
As part of this consolidation effort, your new account has been set up using your Family Tree Shop credentials and it is ready to use on the new site. If you have never created an account with Family Tree Shop, you will need to register again with the email address you signed up with on either FamilyTreeMagazine.com or Family Tree University.
Q: How can I access my new account?
As part of this integration, your new account is set up and ready to use on the new site using your Family Tree Shop credentials. Please follow these specific steps to access your account.
- Visit www.familytreemagazine.com
- Choose Sign Up/Sign In from the header. In order to access your account, click the “Sign In/Sign Up” link in the top right-hand corner of the Family Tree home page.
- Fill in the email address you have used previously on shopfamilytree.com
- Enter your password on shopfamilytree.com. The first time you log in on the new site you may be required to reset your password.
- Click sign-in and your password will be validated.
- You can now access your account information by clicking on your name in the top right-hand corner of the page and you will have access to your previous order history, purchases, downloads, etc.
Q: What if I never had an account with Family Tree Shop, but I had one with the old FamilyTreeMagazine.com or Family Tree University, now what do I do?
You will need to activate your account by registering again. Please use the email address you signed up with on either FamilyTreeMagazine.com or Family Tree University.
Follow these steps to activate your account.
- Visit www.familytreemagazine.com.
- Click the “Sign In/Sign Up” link in the top right-hand corner of the Family Tree home page.
- Choose “Click here to Register” from the pop-up window and fill out the form using the same email address you signed up with previously.
- Once you have entered your email address and name and clicked register, you will receive an email with a link to validate your email address. Once you click on the link from the validation email, your account will be activated and you will be ready to log in.
- When you log in to the new site for the first time, click your name in the top right-hand corner of the page. With your new account, you will be able to access everything from your former FamilyTreeMagazine.com and/or Family Tree University accounts.
Q: What happens to my Family Tree Plus or VIP account?
As part of this initiative, we’re also upgrading our premium content experience. Family Tree Magazine Plus is now Family Tree Premium.
Your Premium account is now part of your combined Family Tree account under your Family Tree Shop credentials. You should not see any interruption in your service and once you’ve activated your account, you will be able to continue to access all Family Tree Premium content.
For more information about Family Tree Magazine or Family Tree Premium, click here.
Q: What happens to my Family Tree University account?
Your University account is now your main Family Tree account. You can sign in utilizing your Family Tree Shop account information. After you’ve signed in, click on your name in the same location and go to “My Courses” in the left-hand column of your account information page.
From here, you will be able to access any classes currently in session, as well as prior courses in view-only mode. You will not be able to access future course sessions until the start date of the course.
Important Note: If you were previously registered for Family Tree Magazine Plus or Family Tree University under a different email address from your Shop account, your Premium or University account is still separate, and you will need to reset your password at login.
Q: What happens to my credit card information?
For security reasons, credit card information has not been migrated. To make future purchases, you will be required to re-enter payment details. You can do that at any time by accessing your account information. You will not be required to reset your password.