Fun Ideas for Your Next Family Reunion
- Display a history guestbook for attendees to write family memories, legends or predictions, and encourage everyone to have a look.
- Engaging teenagers can be tough. Put a few tech-savvy grandkids in charge of entertainment. Have them track down traditional songs or modern pop music from your ancestral homeland and create a playlist that can be shared with a link.
- Historic US flags or the flags of your ancestral countries make great extras in gift bags and add pizazz to centerpieces. AnyFlag.com sells small flags from most nations and American eras.
- Re-create a favorite family photo by positioning the now-gray-haired siblings the game way they posed as youngsters. Or immortalize your grandkids imitating a picture of their forebears (bonus points if anyone can match Great-uncle Phil’s trademark grin).
- Jazz up your name tags. If guests are coming from far and wide, add an outline of each person’s home state. Or, place a childhood photo next to name.
- T-shirts with faces that match family members make fun reunion favors. Contact cards and address labels help you stay in touch. Check out Family Lables for some fun options.
Grace Dobush, from the July 2007 issue of Family Tree Magazine