Sign up for the Family Tree Newsletter Plus, you’ll receive our 10 Essential Genealogy Research Forms PDF as a special thank you!
Get Your Free Genealogy Forms
"*" indicates required fields
Maybe you spotted it in a friend’s magazine or read it in an online journal. Whatever the reason, we all have encountered articles that we would love to have a print copy of. Here are five quick and easy steps to ordering genealogy articles.
- Through the Periodical Source Index (PERSI) at Findmypast (see page 70) or your other research, identify articles of interest to your research in genealogy newsletters, magazines and journals. You’ll need at least the article title, periodical title, and volume and issue numbers.
- Download the request form from the website of the Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center, where the staff catalogs articles in periodicals the library receives. Look under Services, and select Article Fulfillment Form. Print the PDF form.
- Clearly print your name and mailing address.
- Supply the requested information for up to six periodical articles. If you used the PERSI index search on Findmypast, you can enter the publication’s PERSI code.
- Mail completed form along with a check for $7.50 (which covers up to six articles), payable to the Allen County Public Library Foundation (ACPLF), to the address shown on the form. You’ll receive the article copies in six to eight weeks, along with an additional bill for photocopies, at 20 cents per page.
Click here to see what’s in store at the Allen County Public Library and other top genealogy research destinations!
Want to make sure you never miss one of our articles? Be sure to sign up for the Family Tree Magazine print subscription!
Get the tips and tools you need to trace your roots from America’s #1 family history magazine. Our beginner-friendly approach to discovering, preserving and celebrating family history makes genealogy a hobby anyone can enjoy.
Each issue features:
- Guides to finding and using basic sources such as censuses, vital records and deeds
- The best genealogy Web sites and secrets to searching online
- Advice and resources for tracing your roots in the old country
- Expert guidance on getting past research “brick walls”
- Tips and products for preserving family heirlooms and memorabilia
- Independent reviews of genealogy products and services
Family Tree Magazine is published 7 times a year. Subscribe now and get all the expert information you need!