In this episode:
- 101 Best Websites: Tribal Pages
- Family Tree University: Organize Your Genealogy
- Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
Read Diane’s blog posts on the Genealogy Insider Blog:
- Ancestry.com Acquires Find A Grave
- FamilySearch, Ancestry.com Team Up To Put 1 Billion International Genealogy Records Online
Now is the time to convert your old home movies to digital before they deteriorate. But how? In the October/November 2013 issue of Family Tree Magazine author Rick Crume provides five options and loads of information to help you get the job done in his article “5 Ways to Digitize Home Movies.”
Get the Family Tree Magazine October Issue featuring Rick’s article:
101 Best Websites: Tribal Pages
Author and instructor Lisa Alzo provides tips for getting your genealogy organized from her Family Tree University course called Organize Your Genealogy: Get Your Research in Order (and Keep It That Way.)
Allison announced a brand new feature that is launching in the October/November issue of Family Tree Magazine: Workbook Pullouts!
- 8-page guides to genealogy record groups
- In the center of the magazine, designed to be a resource you can pull out and save as an ongoing reference
- Features a how-to article explaining how to find and use that type of record, sample records with explanatory callouts and source citations, “fast facts” about the record group, including substitute/alternate sources for similar information, a quiz to “Put It Into Practice,” and a worksheet to use for your research in that record group.